Following the steps mentioned, you can temporarily deactivate your Instagram on your phone, tablet, and computer.
Deleting a temporary Instagram account is useful when, for any reason, you intend to make your version available in a non-permanent way. The quick deletion of the Instagram account allows users to distance themselves from this social network temporarily. It is a practical option for exam days, sensitive and busy times, or when you are tired of spending a long time among photos and videos. In the upcoming article, we will learn how to temporarily delete an Instagram account with a mobile phone and computer, which can be done on Android devices, iPhones, laptops, and tablets.
What you need to know before deleting a temporary Instagram account
Deleting a user account in most social networks, including Instagram, is possible in two ways: temporary and permanent. When temporarily deactivating the Instagram account, all user information, including photos and videos placed on the profile, along with the messages in Direct, remain unchanged, Although they will be hidden from other people and visible after reactivating the account.
Meta, unlike Twitter, has not considered a time limit for temporarily deleting an Instagram account; As a result, users can hide their profile from other people for as long as they want. On the other hand, permanently deleting the Instagram account causes all the user’s information to be deleted from the servers; fortunately, this process can be returned up to 30 days after deactivation, and also the possibility of receiving a backup copy of the profile data is available to those interested.
Delete a temporary Instagram account with your phone.
Quick deletion of Instagram account with mobile can be done quickly through Android and iOS applications of this social network. Of course, note that you will need your password to temporarily deactivate Instagram on all platforms (including phones, tablets, and computers), and it is only possible to accomplish such a task with a password. To delete a temporary Instagram account with your phone, follow the below steps.
- To start the process of temporarily deactivating Instagram, enter the application of this social network on your mobile or tablet.
- On the application’s main page, tap on your profile picture in the lower right corner to go to your account profile page.
- Inside the profile page, touch the hamburger icon (three parallel lines) from the upper right corner of the screen to open a menu.
- Select the first option, Settings and Privacy, from the menu at the bottom to go to the settings page.
- On the settings page of the Instagram application, click on the first option, Accounts Center, to enter the account management page.
- Next, select the Personal details option under the Account settings heading.
- Note that if you have multiple user accounts in the program simultaneously, you can switch between them by touching the Profiles option and selecting the desired account to deactivate the Instagram account temporarily. Of course, there is no need to do this, and you can choose a report in the following steps.
- Select the last option under Account Ownership and Control on the Personal Details page.
- Next, click Deactivation or Deletion. Currently, this is the only option on this page, but other options may be added in future Instagram updates.
- You can now see a list of logged-in user accounts on the Deactivation or Deletion page. Select the desired tab to deactivate Instagram temporarily with one touch.
- On the next page, the first option, Deactivate account, is selected by default; Otherwise, tick the said option and then touch the Continue button at the bottom of the screen.
- To continue deleting the temporary Instagram account with your phone, you must type your user account password in the Password box. Then touch the Continue button again.
- If you forget your password, you can recover it through different methods by pressing the Forgot password option.
- The next page is dedicated to the temporary deletion of the Instagram account. It is enough to select one of the options on the screen, then scroll down and touch the Continue button again.
- Finally, it’s time to confirm the temporary Instagram account deletion process. For this purpose, click Deactivate account and wait for the application to be removed from your user account.
- If another user account information is on the device, you will enter it; Otherwise, the default Instagram login page will be displayed.
After temporarily deleting your Instagram account with your mobile phone, you can enter and reactivate it anytime by re-entering your username, email, mobile number, and password. After activation, other users can view the photos and videos in your profile or send you direct messages. It is worth noting that Instagram has set limits for deactivating accounts, and after reactivation, you cannot delete a temporary Instagram account again for a week.
I am temporarily deactivating the Instagram account in the browser.
The Instagram social network does not have an independent application for desktop operating systems, including Windows; As a result, users should go to the web version to delete their Instagram temporary account through a computer or laptop. Of course, this method can also be used to delete a brief Instagram account with a phone, and it is helpful for situations where you have the program installed on your device. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- First, open a browser program (Firefox or Google Chrome) on your phone or computer and then enter the official Instagram website at Instagram.com.
- If you have yet to log into your Instagram account through a browser in the past, you need to log in by entering your email, username, or mobile number and password in the relevant fields and clicking the Log in button.
- If you intend to save the login and non-logout information from the user account after closing the browser, select the Save info option below; Otherwise, click on the Not Now option.
- Click on your account picture in the top bar (on a computer) or the bottom corner of the screen (on the phone) to be redirected to the profile page.
- Click the Edit profile button next to the account name on the profile page.
- I was hoping you could scroll to the bottom of the page and click Temporarily disable my account.
- Choose the reason for temporarily deactivating Instagram from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- In the box below, type your account password. If you forget your password, you can recover the password by clicking on the Forgot Password option.
- Now click on the Temporarily turn off account button at the bottom of the page.
The process of deleting the temporary Instagram account has been completed. To reactivate, you can log in to your account again through the dedicated mobile application or the web version.
As mentioned in the previous sections, it is possible to delete a temporary Instagram account from the mobile application or the web version on most devices, including smartphones and computers. It is worth noting that temporarily deactivating the Instagram account does not delete the user’s information, messages, photos, and videos and only hides them from other people’s view until re-entering the version; As a result, you can temporarily delete your Instagram account without any worries.