If you decide to share and connect the Internet from your phone to your laptop, then you will get to know the practical methods to secure your Internet from your phone to your computer.
How do you connect the phone to the laptop internet?
Today, wireless modems play a vital role in our homes or workplace, and we use them to do our daily tasks without any problems, and a doubt, living without the Internet in today’s world is an impossible dream. However, when we face an internet outage, the things we decided to do will be postponed. Meanwhile, there are practical methods to solve the problem of not connecting to the Internet, and you can use them.
However, you can use different methods in this direction, while a convenient and accessible option for you is the smartphone you have in your hand. But how? All smartphones have the Internet hotspot feature, which you can prioritize over other options. For this reason, in the following, we will introduce you to how to connect the phone to the laptop in 3 practical ways.
1- Connection via USB cable
The first method of connecting the phone to the laptop internet, which we will discuss in this report, is to use a USB cable. If you decide to use this method, you must proceed according to the following steps;
- In the first step, separate the USB cable from the charger adapter and place it within your reach.
- Enter the phone settings from the user menu.
- At the top of the phone settings, select the Connection option.
- Now, you must select the Mobile Hotspot and Tethering option.
- The third option you see at this stage is the USB tethering option, in which you must first connect your mobile phone and computer through a USB cable and then turn the tick off to blue to connect the phone to the Internet successfully. Switch to the laptop.
2- Connection via Bluetooth
The second method we introduce is the Bluetooth connection method, which you can easily use. But this method takes a little longer than the other two methods and may take some of your time, and we recommend this method if you need help connecting the phone to the laptop through the other two methods. Otherwise, we strongly recommend using the first and third methods. To join the phone to the computer or laptop via Bluetooth, follow the steps below;
- As above, follow the first five steps to reach the Mobile Hotspot and Tethering page.
- At this stage, you need to activate the second option, i.e., Bluetooth tethering; after it is started in the toolbar menu at the top of the screen, you can see the corresponding icon, which will be activated simultaneously.
- Now, you need to enter the Bluetooth or laptop settings and then pair the Bluetooth of the phone and the laptop; you can do this very quickly through the Devices and Printers section in the Windows settings.
3- Connection through Hotspot
The third method we decided to introduce is the most common method of connecting the phone to the laptop internet, which we will discuss in this report. In this method, you don’t need a cable, and the only thing you need is an Android phone equipped with a Hotspot, the process of which is that your phone will act like a modem. To use this method, you must proceed according to the following steps;
- First, enter the Mobile Hotspot and Tethering page through the phone settings, as in the above methods.
- The first option you see belongs to Mobile Hotspot, which you must activate in this section and then turn on the phone data.
- For your laptop to connect to the Internet on your phone, you must enter the name of the Hotspot and its password in the computer. Therefore, select the activated Mobile Hotspot option to see the name of the phone’s Hotspot and its password.
- Finally, click the Wi-Fi icon in the lower right corner, then turn on the laptop’s Wi-Fi. Wait a little while for the computer to recognize the names of nearby Wi-Fi networks. After you see the phone’s hotspot name, please select it and then select the Connect option. Now you must enter the password to connect the phone to the laptop.